Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beeping metronomes...

    Remember those metronome things with the metal pendulum that musicians use to help keep time? As if that constant ticking were not annoying enough, Coach decided to take it to a whole new level by purchasing a digital frigging BEEPING metronome to teach us to pay attention to our run cadence.  Imagine the humor of watching me trying to run slow (staying in Heart Zone 2) while simultaneously trying to make my feet move more quickly (striking the ground 180 times per minutes) to match that obnoxius repetetive beeping sound.  It's like trying to pat your head and rub your belly.  I am told that accomplishing both of these things together is possible.  I managed to do it consistently for a total of 30 seconds this morning.  Of course I asked why the hell it matters.  Coach (again) gave me a highly researched logical response of how this will make me awesome at IMAZ in 10 months.  Something about my legs being less tired if I take lots of little forward movements instead of long far apart strides.  Good enough answer for me, as long as I don't have to think.  But I know I must have looked like a tool. 

TODAY'S WORKOUT from Lake Nona YMCA

Run 4 Miles Heart Rate Zone 2
400 Calories burned in 1 Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment