Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easy does it...

    Thursday's swim was nice and easy.  To make up for running hard yesterday.  Even though I was the last one finished, I still was done early (for me).  Still working on kicking better.  But the good news is that I am so much more relaxed in my stroke form than I used to be.  Coach said it's much better than last year.  Which is a darn good thing because there was nowhere to go but up.  I am still supposed to purchase the following aquatic paraphernalia to keep improving:  fins, paddles, and a pool floatie.  Okay, just kidding about the pool floatie.  But wouldn't it be awesome if they were triathlon legal?  At least you would be able to identify your friends better in the swim wave starts.  "Look, XXX just made it past the first buoy!  I can tell it's him by the yellow duck floatie!!!" 



TODAY'S WORKOUT at YMCA Aquatic Center

Swim 1800 Meters/1.12 Miles
492 calories burned in 50 Minutes
Warm Up:  200 Pull, 200 Kick
Main Set: 2 x 500 with 30 second RI, 6 x 50 on the minute
Cool Down: 100 backstroke

No comments:

Post a Comment