Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cramp!!!

    I completed the entire swim this morning with no whining and not sinking to the bottom of the pool.  But Flipper was finished so far ahead of me that she had already ran 2 extra miles, knitted a sweater, and drank a lattѐ by the time I was done with my cool down.  She was kind enough to offer an assist when my right leg knotted up after I got out of the water though.  Man those cramps hurt!!  Entertaining for my teammates to watch as I writhed on the tile moaning "Ow!"  But painful for me.  Coach told me to eat more bananas and torture myself with some massaging roller device that is supposed to pull apart the small muscles near my bones.  I think it sounds like a bad idea, but then again, what do I know.  She dreams this stuff up in her sleep.  Or maybe reads it in some fancy coaching magazine. 

TODAY'S WORKOUT at YMCA Aquatic Center
Swim 2700 Meters/1.55 Miles
712 calories burned in 1 Hour 19 Minutes
Main Set:   5 x 500 with 90 second RI
Cool Down:  200 backstroke

No comments:

Post a Comment